Award-winning TV reporter and presenter (BBC, ITV and Channel 4), senior strategic communications advisor, former political journalist.
John is a former political journalist and an award-winning TV reporter and presenter for the BBC, ITV and Channel 4. He is a highly-skilled media and crisis management trainer and has been delivering communication training for over 20 years. He has a wide network of contacts in the political and journalistic sectors.
He is also:
• Executive Director, Freshwater UK
• Director of the Centre for Health Communications, Research & Excellence, Bucks New University
• Honorary Professor, University of Glasgow (Glasgow Media Group)
• Former Director of Communications for the Labour Party
• Senior strategic communications adviser to a wide range of public and private sector clients
• Former Chair of the Management Board of Catalyst, public policy think tank associated with Lord Hattersley
Working at the most senior levels within the public and private sector, John has delivered courses for numerous high-profile clients in the UK and across Europe, including:
• The World Trade Organization
• The Food Standards Agency
• London School of Economics
• Virgin Money
• The Department of Health
• Guiness Plc
• Royal College of Nursing
• The Home Office
• Carphone Warehouse
John has won numerous journalism awards including:
• Royal Television Society and BAFTA team award for “hard news‟
• Chicago Film Festival Silver Plaque
• Houston International Film Festival Gold Award for News Features
• New York Film and Television Festival Bronze Award for News and Current Affairs Features.
His PR awards include:
• Highly Commended team award for the UK Parliamentary campaign to abolish hunting with hounds
• The Institute of Public Relations Certificate of Excellence for issues and crisis management.