Founder, Freshwater UK; former TV and radio reporter/producer (BBC)
Steve Howell is a former journalist who has worked for BBC TV and radio and a wide range of publications, including The Guardian and The Independent. He currently writes a monthly business column for the Western Mail, the national newspaper of Wales.
Steve founded Freshwater after leaving the BBC in 1997 and has been delivering media training courses to a wide range of clients in the public and private sector since. He led the company from a start-up to become a diverse media group with 60 staff and offices across the UK.
Steve is also:
• Former journalist with experience of TV, radio and newspapers
• Senior adviser to a number of high profile Freshwater clients
• Media consultant to the PGA European Tour at four Ryder Cups
• Former Governor of the University of Wales Newport
• Board member, South Wales Chamber of Commerce
• Chairman, Wales World Wide Ltd